When her adoptive mother Grace dies, Kat takes her sister Anna and heads to London, hoping to discover the truth about her origins. There she becomes a favorite of Queen Elizabeth’s court and because of her red hair, rumors abound that she is the Virgin Queen’s secret daughter…There is something so fascinating to me about the Elizabethan era and about Queen Elizabeth herself – her story, her manner, and all the intrigue that surrounded her life. Although we hear a lot about her, there is still something profoundly mysterious about her too. That’s why it is an especially intriguing angle to tell the story from Kat’s perspective – a mysterious red-haired orphan who his searching for her identity and finds it in QE’s court.
To say I was enthralled is an understatement. In fact, I wish it could have been even longer than its’ 416 pages because Kat was such an appealing character to hang out with – curious, bright, passionate, and unpredictable. I loved the vividly realized historical details of the court and fashions of the time. Oh and I loved the writing – especially this line:
Grace had always said something similar – that God sent us coincidences to warn us a bigger truth was on its way. (p 264)
THE STOLEN ONE is available in hardcover now. Find out more about the book at the author’s website. And come back later today (or tomorrow) for an amazing cover story and giveaway prize pack worth over $100!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment