What I bought for...myself!

I just made a series of orders from amazon since I'll be back in the states soon.

Books:

The Hollow by Jessica Verday. Jessica pitched this to me and I told her I'd buy it since I knew I wouldn't be able to get to it before it came out anyway.

Terrier (The Legend of Beka Cooper, Book 1) by Tamora Pierce. Tirzah of The Compulsive Reader gave me the complete rundown (via e-mail) on Tamora Pierce's novels and convinced me I needed to get this.

Egg Drop by Mini Grey. Amanda's fault: I saw this very quirky picture book over at A Patchwork of Books.

Obernewtyn: The Obernewtyn Chronicles 1 by Isobelle Carmody. Rhiannon's fault. Her review of this dystopian "classic" on her blog made me drool!

How They Met, and Other Stories by David Levithan. After reading his short story in Geektastic, I must have more! I am not sure how I found this collection. Probably browsing on amazon.

Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler. A POC dystopia recommended to me by Susan of Color Online. Here's her list of other great POC YA titles.

Sacred Scars (A Resurrection of Magic, Book 2) by Kathleen Duey. I bought book 1 after meeting Kathleen at SCBWI Bologna 2008. And I need book 2 so I can start book 1 which I hear has a big cliffhanger.

The Art of Up (Pixar Animation) by Tim Hauser. I have a ton of these Art of...Pixar books. I haven't seen the movie yet (still not out in Germany), but the book looks gorgeous.

How It Ends by Laura Weiss. I read an interview with the author on the Simon and Schuster website and WoWed the novel.

Among the Hidden (Shadow Children #1) Margaret Peterson Haddix. Another dystopia I haven't read yet. This one's the fault of a review I read on Bart's Bookshelf.

Half-Minute Horrors. I first saw this story collection on Shelf Awareness and WoWed it.


Non-books


Dexter: The Complete Third Season [DVD]. My brother's fault.

Flight of the Conchords: The Complete Second Season [DVD]. My friend Jeremy's fault.

True Blood: The Complete First Season (HBO Series) [DVD]. Alea's fault via twitter!

Dollhouse: Season One [DVD]. My Friend Amy's fault!

Far Regina Spektor [Audio CD]. Author Courtney Summers convinced via twitter that I needed the whole CD when at first I planned to get just a couple of songs on iTunes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment