Library Thing Tuesday (61) + picture of Emmy

Today's question from Wendi: How do you feel about social networking sites? Do you have any you like more than others? Are there any you don't like? Do you have any that you don't associate with your blogs and/or book reviewing? If you could only belong to one of these sites, which one would it be and why?


I generally like the idea of social networking sites. The first one I ever joined (with the exception of music related message boards way back when) was http://www.virtualtourist.com/ which is a site for travel junkies to post their travel tips and photos. I met a ton of friends through the site and ended up discovering a lot of travel destinations that I wouldn't have considered otherwise. I am not so active there anymore, but all my tips and photos from my active days are still up.


The next one I joined was OpenBC, now called http://www.xing.com/. It is a business networking site and I've gotten quite a few jobs over this platform. No talk of books here.


At some point I joined Facebook which has been a lot of fun. I usually don't do status updates there (or do much of anything really) but it has been an amazing way to get back in contact with friends I thought were lost forever.


Then I found the book community sites - LibraryThing, Shelfari, and GoodReads. I don't use Shelfari at all, but I do keep up my LT bookshelf current and spend a fair amount of time on GoodReads (which I use pretty much exclusively for YA titles).


I do have a MySpace page, but I really don't like the layout or interface, so I don't spend much time there.


And of course, there's twitter. I check twitter every couple of hours if I am online and sometimes I get sucked into fun bookish conversations. I often feel like I miss out on a lot by not being on twitter 24/7, but I have to draw a line somewhere or I'd never get any reading done at all! Want to follow me? My handle is @lenoreva


*******************************************


I know this is an overdose of Emmy/Finn cuddling cuteness, but Daniel sent me this picture while I was in Barcelona this weekend and I CANNOT STOP LOOKING AT IT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment