1. Book Blogger Appreciation Week is back for its' second year. Last year, Presenting Lenore was a finalist for Best YA Blog! Want to make sure your favorite book blogs make the list? Just head over to the official BBAW site and submit your nominations in dozens of fun categories.
2. I'm kind of surprised by this since I don't post that many reviews there anymore, but amazon invited me to be a part of their Vine program! I haven't gotten offered any free video cameras yet, but I should be getting LABOR DAY by Joyce Maynard and SWIMMING by Nicola Keegan (hey if Judy Blume said it was good...) soon.
3. You know, these days, most airline travel news is BAD - free baggage allowances are being cut, you increasingly have to pay for on-board food, and Ryanair even talked about charging to use the toilets - so I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that Delta had given me 10,000 free miles (that qualify for medallion status) as part of a campaign to increase loyalty among their elite status customers. With all the traveling I'm doing this year, I might even earn Gold status this year. Thanks Delta!
4. Speaking of Delta, I was able to upgrade the Atlanta-Frankfurt leg of my August/Sept trip to the states to business class using miles. That's always the worst leg for me, so I'm thrilled!
5. And speaking of my trip to the states, I'll be having a bunch of book contests in August since I'll be able to send them out cheaply once I arrive. Which is a perfect opportunity for all you authors out there! I can send your bookmarks and promotional swag out with my prize books, and if you take advantage of this window, you'll be able to send to my stateside address - YAY! (I'll be back to the states again at Christmas if you need more time). Just contact me at lenoreva at hotmail dot com to get my address.
6. And finally, one of Daniel's good friends, Rafael Esquer, who I finally got to meet while we were in NYC this May, has designed a line of awesome graphic t-shirts depicting the seven deadly sins in hand-drawn dragon form. There is Lujuria (lust), Gula (gluttony), Avaricia (greed), Pereza (sloth - which is what Daniel says I should get), Ira (wrath - which is what Daniel got...hehe), Envidia (envy - perfect for everyone with book envy) and Soberbia (pride). You can see the different designs and colors at the online store (http://www.alfalfa-seeds.com/) and if you want to order one, you can use the special discount code Rafael gave me for 20% off. The coupon code is: Lenore. (I've always hoped my name would one day be used as a coupon code, woohoo!)

So tell me, what are YOU excited about this week?
0 comments:
Post a Comment