Book Review: The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Jenna has just awoken from a coma and is suffering from amnesia. Her 17 years on Earth have been well documented though, and her parents have her watch videos of herself to help her remember. As Jenna recovers, she starts asking questions. Why does her grandmother seem to dislike her? Why did they move away from their former home? Why can’t she attend regular high school? What exactly happened in the car accident that put her in the coma?

This is one of those novels where the reader and the main character are on the same page – we discover things as Jenna discovers them – and it's a very thought provoking journey. Set in the non-too-distant future, the novel raises some interesting questions about ethics, the limits of technology, and the nature of identity. I was thoroughly impressed with the storyline, the characterizations, and the writing. I even marked quite a few quotes to possibly use in my review, but then I was so excited about it, I loaned it out before I had the chance to write this.

Anyway, after this one, and THE MILES BETWEEN, Mary E. Pearson is certainly on my shortlist of go-to authors.

There is still time to enter my contest for one of five copies of THE MILES BETWEEN. Don’t miss your chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment