WoW topic: Which authors need to release new books ASAP?

Trish and I were recently discussing that we are both anxiously awaiting Tana French's next novel, as yet untitled (as far as I know), which is set for summer 2010 and is rumored to center on Cassie's former boss when she worked undercover. IN THE WOODS was very good and THE LIKENESS is one of my all-time favorite books, so I'm counting on book 3 to wow me as well.

I am also excited that Audrey Niffenegger is finally coming out with a new book, HER FEARFUL SYMMETRY, on September 29th (see Alea's WoW post about it to see the cover if you haven't already). A lot of money riding on that one, as well as Dan Brown's new one (which I won't pick up - anytime soon at least - though I have to admit to reading THE DA VINCI CODE and ANGELS AND DEMONS).

Some books keep getting pushed back. David Mitchell's new one (slated for 2009 but now pushed back to 2010) is on my radar - hope it's more CLOUD ATLAS than BLACK SWAN GREEN though.

And what's going on with book 2 in the Joy of Spooking series by PJ Bracegirdle? It was supposed to come out this summer, but it isn't listed anywhere.

I would also most definitely be interested in new novels by Marcus Zusak, Lionel Shriver, Barbara Kingsolver, Douglas Coupland, and Michelle Richmond. (I've read or own 2 or more books by these authors, just to narrow it down a bit).

So tell me, in your opinion, which authors really need to announce that they are releasing a new book? You don't need to mention series books unless, like Joy of Spooking, they are overdue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment