BEA Saturday Highlights + 3 Book Prize Pack

My Thursday/Friday BEA highlights.

And let's just say, I know the three blocks on 34th St. between 8th Ave. and 11th Ave. very well. Here's a bird's eye view (taken from the Empire State Building on Tuesday).



On Saturday at BEA, my main focus was the author signings. In the morning, I went to some picture book signings with my friend Heather. In the afternoon, I ran around trying to hit a bunch of signings with Alea and Gail that were all at the same time. We were successful for the most part! I had such a blast getting to chat with authors, publicists and bloggers that I've been in touch with over the past year. The books are just icing on the cake (and nice souveniers). Here is my stack of signed books from Thursday/Friday/Saturday (not including the picture books or Geektastic).



Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Liar - Justine Larbalestier
Once Was Lost - Sarah Zarr
Candor - Pam Bachorz
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
Prophesy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink
Going Bovine - Libba Bray
Sea Change - Aimee Friedman
One Wish - Leigh Brescia
Also Known As Harper - Ann Haywood Leal
The Plague - Joanne Dahme
Lips Touch - Laini Taylor and Jim Di Bartolo
Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld
The Unnamed - Joshua Ferris
Little Bird of Heaven - Joyce Carol Oates

Saturday evening was Little Brown's Geektastic party. Amy (My Friend Amy) and I had lots of fun bowling badly! I was also stalked by David Levithan (and have top secret pictorial proof). Thanks to the team at Little Brown for organizing such a fun event.

*************************************************

And now, something special for readers of my blog. While I was at BEA, I got three packages shipped to me. Liar, Shiver and Catching Fire. Since I already have signed copies of these three titles, I want to pass them on to one lucky blog reader. This contest is open internationally, and will run until June 17th at 11:59 PM.

For one entry, tell me either a great lie you told, something that makes you shiver, or to what lengths you would be willing to go to catch Catching Fire.

For a second entry, post a link to this contest on your blog or social network site, and tell me you did so in a separate comment.

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment