Waiting On Wednesday (25) How It Ends by Laura Wiess

I haven't yet read any Laura Wiess yet, but when I read her answer to why she wrote HOW IT ENDS (coming August 2009) on the Simon and Schuster website, I knew I must read this ASAP because I've thought these exact same thoughts! It's like she wrote this book just for me. Here's what she said:

How It Ends grew out of some haunting, unanswered questions and two completely separate, very disturbing images I've had tucked away in the back of my mind for years. The unanswered questions were born as a result of several people who were dear to me passing away and me realizing -- after it was too late, of course -- that there were so many things I'd never asked them, stories only they knew that I should have taken the time to listen to and mostly, odd fragments of info discovered after their deaths that couldn't be resolved and will now always remain mysteries.

I started wondering about life stories, how each one of us has one that isn't apparent at first glance, what we tell the world about ourselves and what we deliberately tuck away and never reveal. And of how we never really know someone, no matter how much we want to believe that we do. I also wanted to explore how love begins, and how it ends, and what comes of each experience. I think everything that happens to us both teaches us something about ourselves -- what we accept, what we reject, what we're willing to trade and what we're not -- and shapes us for what comes next. The imprints -- both good and bad -- that we leave on each other -- often without meaning to -- and how we go on to translate them fascinates me no end.

WOW. Just wow.

Kelsey of Reading Keeps You Sane spotlighted this 6 weeks ago and said that the cover had a leaf on it, so I think this must be the UK cover. If Laura's words intrigued you, read the very exciting plot summary on Kelsey's blog.

As always, check out what other books bloggers are pining for over at Breaking the Spine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment