Today's Tuesday Thingers question is: Why LT? Why did you choose to open and maintain an LT account? Do you/did you use other online cataloging/social networking sites, like GoodReads or Shelfari? Do you use more than one? Are they different or do they serve different purposes?
My answer:
When I typed in ARCs in google, LT was one of the search results. I loved the idea of the ER program and I loved the tonality of the site (favorite line: If the buzz page doesn't convince you, you cannot be convinced. Go away.) So I signed up and lucked out my first time requesting a book. I spent a few hours entering books and book reviews to convince the ER team I was a responsible reviewer and then got hooked! But my favorite part of the site has to be the ER group and the community that participates there - you guys are great. I probably check the message boards 4 times a day seeing if anyone has posted about ARCs, is offering their ARC in a bookray, or is posting links to a great new book blog for me to check out (as if I didn't spend enough time on the Internet).
I did stop by Shelfari a while back, and may have even joined, but it somehow didn't hook me, so I haven't been back. I hadn't heard about GoodReads until today, but it sounds like I better stay away :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment