Library Thing Tuesday (3)

The question for this week is:

How many books do you have cataloged in your LibraryThing account? How do you decide what to include- everything you have, everything you've read- and are there things you leave off?

Well, I currently have 364 books in my LT library. These are only the books I have gotten around to entering. The first books I entered were all the novels that I've read in the last 5 years (because I've kept a list), then all the 1001 Books to Read before you Die that I've read and then most of my writing non-fiction and dystopian fiction books. I still have to enter most of my design and art books, most of my children's picture books, and various other non-fiction titles. I will never be able to enter all the titles that I've ever read.

I usually do not enter a book until I have read it (those marked TBR are actually in my TBR stack or they are signed by the author), but I do not discriminate against books that I borrowed from the library or friends or those which I no longer have because I've donated them. As far as leaving things off, I will probably never enter all my Lonely Planet guidebooks or my ton of foreign language learning guides.

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that my husband and I are celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary today! We are going out to Higematsu - a delicious but pricey Japanese restaurant downtown. Definitely not as exciting as last year when we were in Africa, but at least we have a cat, right?

Here is a funny picture of Emmy getting her fur brushed this morning - enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment